Montgomery, NY 12549
Ph: (845) 769-9393
Fax: (845) 769-9391
What Is The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan?
It’s really quite simple: We facilitate and manage ENDOWMENT FUNDS that grow and benefit our community…forever.
The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a public charity unlike any other in our area. It was created by and for the people of Orange County and serves the county and beyond. We exist not to support a single organization, but to address the broadest range of charitable issues by building an endowment that serves as a perpetual source of community capital.
We connect people who care with causes that matter and we serve people of all means.
To donors, CFOS represents an effective and innovative giving vehicle, one that combines maximum tax savings with maximum flexibility and the opportunity to make a difference right here at home in and around Orange County… and beyond.
To other charitable organizations, CFOS represents the source of grants whose sole purpose is to improve the quality of life in our region.
Perhaps most important of all, CFOS is the link between donors and other charitable organizations, and between donors and those students who receive grants from scholarship funds which are established through the Foundation.
CFOS currently manages more than 170 permanent charitable funds for individuals, families, businesses, and organizations that turn to us to help fulfill their charitable dreams. And this number of funds continues to grow as more people like you feel compelled to step forward as generous participants in the vision of a stronger community.
- $55,000 in scholarships awarded to four Port Jervis High School Graduating Seniors in honor and memory of Oscar B. Greenleaf, Lillian J. Bauer, and Winifred Dunwald
- $8,000 Scholarship awarded to Minisink Valley High School Graduating Senior in memory of 9/11 Firefighter
- Matthew R. Bertholf Scholarship Fund Horseshoe Tournament
- Anne F. Bourne Memorial Fund Awards $5,000 grant to San Miguel Academy
- Community Foundation Awards $500 Scholarship to Eldred Central School District Graduating Senior
- Kidz4Causes Fund Awards $500 Grant to Eleanor Roosevelt Center at Val-Kill