$1,400 in Scholarships awarded to Wallkill High School Graduates
Community Foundation charitable funds award $1,400 in scholarships to
Wallkill High School graduates
Three graduates of Wallkill High School were awarded scholarships from the Edward Edsall Memorial Scholarship Fund, the Meyer & Lillian Jacobowitz Scholarship Fund, and the John D. Garrison Memorial Scholarship, charitable funds administered through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan.
Edward Edsall was a licensed pharmacist in the hamlet of Wallkill for many years and later head pharmacist and manager of the Thruway Pharmacy in Walden. He was active in many community activities and organizations during his distinguished career. He was a fine gentleman, soft spoken and well respected. The 2012 Edward Edsall Memorial Scholarship recipient is Caitlin Piperato. Ms. Piperato will pursue a degree in Adolescent-Mathematics Education at Mount Saint Mary College in the fall.
The Meyer & Lillian Jacobowitz Memorial Scholarship Fund established by Gerald N. Jacobowitz, his wife Marlene and sister Joyce Concors, provides scholarships to Valley Central and Wallkill High School graduating seniors and grants to local nonprofit organizations. The 2012 Meyer & Lillian Jacobowitz Memorial Scholarship recipient is Katie Dineen. Ms. Dineen will be pursue a degree in Political Science & History at St. John’s University and plans a career as a professor and writer.
The John D. Garrison Memorial Scholarship Fund (Walden Savings Bank), which is administered by the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, was created by Walden Savings Bank in memory of John D. Garrison, immediate past president of Walden Savings Bank, a fine community leader and businessperson whose goodness, kindness, and caring touched so many. The 2012 John D. Garrison Memorial Scholarship recipient is Olivia Lee. Ms. Lee will pursue a degree in Hospitality Administration/ Management at SUNY Plattsburgh, and plans a career as a luxury resort manager.
The Edward Edsall Memorial Scholarship, the Meyer & Lillian Jacobowitz Scholarship, and the John D. Garrison Memorial Scholarship are facilitated through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, a 501(c)(3) public charity that was created to help individuals, organizations, and businesses establish charitable endowments within their community. To create your own charitable endowment or to make a contribution to a named fund, please visit www.cfoc-ny.org or contact Karen VanHouten Minogue, Executive Director at (845) 769-9393 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Grant Recipients for 2015
- Jeff Bank and Rich Rowley & Marianne Murray recognized for Commitment to Community
- Ross B. Decker Music Scholarship Fund Established within the Community Foundation
- Ted Petrillo Community Fund Established within the Community Foundation
- Job Posting – Director of Development
- Message from Community Foundation’s Board Chairman Derrik Wynkoop
- Message from the President and CEO
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announces Leadership Transition
- Community Foundation to honor Jeff Bank and Rich Rowley & Marianne Murray
- HONOR Endowment Fund Established within the Community Foundation