Memorial Fund Established to Honor Father and Son Killed on 9/11
The Coffey Family has formally established The Daniel and Jason Coffey Memorial Fund to honor their loved ones. This fund was inspired following Daniel and Jason’s tragic and senseless death on the morning of September 11, 2001. At 25 years old, Jason worked at the World Trade Center on the 98th floor as a senior accountant for Marsh & McLennan Companies, while Daniel, 54 worked on the 94th floor for Guy Carpenter, a division of Marsh & McLennan.
On September 11th Jason was planning to go along with his father at lunch time to pick out a surprise engagement ring for his fiancée, Colleen McDonald. “Jason was a big guy who loved to play rugby, socialize, and have fun; but now he was settling down,” said Colleen McDonald. “He was in the process of buying his grandparent’s house in Newburgh and we were planning to fix it up, just like his father and mother did to their house.” Jason Coffey and Ms. McDonald had planned to marry on December 7, 2002.
Through The Daniel and Jason Coffey Memorial Fund the family will recommend grants to support charitable causes in their memory. “They were two wonderful human beings. It is our hope that their names will live on forever, doing good through this charitable fund,” said Kevin Coffey.
The Daniel and Jason Coffey Memorial Fund will be administered within the umbrella of the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. The Community Foundation is a valuable vehicle that manages funds and handles all the fiscal reporting. This keeps administration costs lower than a private foundation, allowing more dollars to flow to nonprofit organizations.
Contributions to this or any fund are welcome at any time. For more information or to make a donation visit www.cfoc-ny.org. A donation may also be sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 202, Montgomery, NY 12549.
President’s Circle and Volunteer Appreciation
Thursday, February 11, 2016
(Snow date: Thursday, February 18)
5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
West Hills Country Club
Hors d’oeuvres and food stations
Complimentary wine, beer and soda
Please bring a guest. RSVP by February 1st with names and contact information of attendees, including
e-mail addresses and phone numbers to email@example.com or (845) 769-9393.
- Liberty Rotary Club Scholarship Fund Established within the Community Foundation
- Bhag Mall & Leela Wanti Kumar Foundation Grants $5,000 to Hudson Valley Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Grant Recipients for 2015
- Jeff Bank and Rich Rowley & Marianne Murray recognized for Commitment to Community
- Ross B. Decker Music Scholarship Fund Established within the Community Foundation
- Ted Petrillo Community Fund Established within the Community Foundation
- Job Posting – Director of Development
- Message from Community Foundation’s Board Chairman Derrik Wynkoop
- Message from the President and CEO
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announces Leadership Transition