The ATB Legacy Fund (Alexander Thomas Blazeski) established to Support Area Youth
Pine Bush, NY – The ATB Legacy Fund (Alexander Thomas Blazeski) was recently established within the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan to provide grants to nonprofit organizations that support or sponsor youth-centered programs and projects.
The ATB Legacy Fund was created in honor of Alexander Thomas Watkins Blazeski, 16, of Pine Bush, who passed away from injuries suffered in a tragic snowmobile accident at his home on January 19, 2013. According to Alex’s parents, Rich and Allison, “The ATB Legacy Fund is a testament to Alexander’s legacy of selflessness, genuine concern, and respect for all, young and old. He had a big heart, lived a life that was good, and thrived on helping others. Some of Alexander’s friends and extended family called him ‘the little shepherd’ because of his benevolence.”
The Community Foundation manages charitable funds and handles all of the fiscal reporting and administration for each charitable fund under its umbrella, thereby keeping administration costs much lower than a private foundation, and allowing more dollars to flow toward grants. “We are honored to administer this charitable fund on behalf of the Blazeski family that will support young people involved in youth-centered programs and projects,” said Karen VanHouten Minogue, Executive Director.
Contributions to the ATB Legacy Fund may be made to CFOS-The ATB Legacy Fund and sent to the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, 30 Scott’s Corners Drive, Suite 202, Montgomery, NY 12549. Secure online donations may also be made at www.cfoc-ny.org. The Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All gifts are tax deductible under current tax laws.
- Jeff Bank and Rich Rowley & Marianne Murray recognized for Commitment to Community
- Ross B. Decker Music Scholarship Fund Established within the Community Foundation
- Ted Petrillo Community Fund Established within the Community Foundation
- Job Posting – Director of Development
- Message from Community Foundation’s Board Chairman Derrik Wynkoop
- Message from the President and CEO
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announces Leadership Transition
- Community Foundation to honor Jeff Bank and Rich Rowley & Marianne Murray
- HONOR Endowment Fund Established within the Community Foundation
- Safe Space America Established within the Community Foundation