The Michael Ryan Zodda Foundation established within Community Foundation
The Michael Ryan Zodda Foundation has been established as a component charitable fund of the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan. The fund was created by Michael’s family and friends to honor and memorialize Michael, who passed away suddenly July 2, 2010, at the age of 25. “The Foundation will enable us to continue Michael’s spirit of gaining knowledge and helping others.” said Michael’s parents, Robert and Judith Zodda.
Through The Michael Ryan Zodda Foundation, a research fellowship will be awarded annually to a Columbia University Medical Student. The Fellow will exhibit Michael’s talents, ambitions, and drive. This fellowship is intended to provide mentorship, financial support and an opportunity to advance the fellow’s knowledge in the areas of Cerebral Vascular Diseases, with a special interest in Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) and the Lupus Anticoagulant Blood Disorder. As each year passes, it is the hope of Michael’s family and friends that they will be able to add another “Michael Ryan Zodda Fellow” to a team of doctors seeking to advance the medical treatment and bioengineering for these specific diseases.
The Michael Ryan Zodda Foundation is facilitated through the Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan, a 501(c)(3) public charity that was created to help individuals, organizations, and businesses establish charitable endowment funds to benefit their community. To create your own charitable endowment, to make a contribution to this scholarship fund, or to add to an existing named endowment fund, please contact the Community Foundation, Karen VanHouten Minogue, at (845) 769-9393, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan’s Make a Difference Fund Announces Grant Recipients for 2015
- Jeff Bank and Rich Rowley & Marianne Murray recognized for Commitment to Community
- Ross B. Decker Music Scholarship Fund Established within the Community Foundation
- Ted Petrillo Community Fund Established within the Community Foundation
- Job Posting – Director of Development
- Message from Community Foundation’s Board Chairman Derrik Wynkoop
- Message from the President and CEO
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan Announces Leadership Transition
- Community Foundation to honor Jeff Bank and Rich Rowley & Marianne Murray
- HONOR Endowment Fund Established within the Community Foundation